Saturday, February 17, 2007

On a roll


Certain things in life demand to be preserved for eternal online posterity. And this, a birthday cake made up of a beautiful formation of home made sausage rolls, is one of them. Weary from a forgettable trip once more to Euroland that necessitated a 4am start on my birthday itself, this miraculous Homer Simpson-like fantasy made reality instantly dissolved my black mood.

Thanks to all who made this happen. For those who know me, sausage rolls have long been an Achilles heel of mine. An appetite destroyer that triggers a genetically implanted Pavlovian response, I only have to be a few minutes early at Victoria Station on the way home, and the West Cornwall Pasty Co comes a calling.

Of course, for £1.20 I know I'm probably necking a concoction of 25% at best mechanically recovered meat so imagine the liberation I felt as I gorged on multiple sausage rolls made with high class pure meat from the posh butchers.

It's barely three days past and I can only wish there were still some waiting for me to snack on with my morning cup of tea.In the meantime, I have the photo to remember this special occasion by.

No comments: